When you are involved in online marketing, there are a lot of skills that could come handy and one of these is making a banner. You see those attractive advertising banner in different websites and you have probably clicked one or two.
Do you need special skills and expensive software to create your won banner? No, there is no need to as you can create your own using just freely available resources.
Just last week, one of my friends asked me who is doing some of the banners I used in my other sites. Of course, I told him that I make my own. He responded: “Really? How the heck do you do that?” he said. “Are you not using special software and training for that?”
His concerns lead me to think that if he could not make a banner, most likely a lot of others don’t. So I commissioned another friend to make a video guide for making banners. So here are the videos that could help you quickly and easily use the available free photo editing tool called Photoscapewhich you can download for free.
As stated in the videos above, the generally accepted standard banner sizes are the following:
* 250 x 250 (the size used in the video)
* 300 x 250
* 468 x 600
Note: If you want to see a complete list of standard banners sizes, just click here.
When it is time to post your banner, here is the way to make your banner HTML:
<img border=”0″ src=”http://YourDomain.com/images/your-banner-250×250.jpg”></a>
In addition, here are good tips on how to enhance the click drawing power of your banners:
* Too much emphasis on making it professional looking can backfire.
* Amateur looking banners can even be more effective.
* Utilize bright colors and handwritten fonts to make it more attractive.
* To gain more attention, use arrows.
* Using awards, shields, testimonials can help a lot.
* Don’t forget to add a call to action like “Get It Here” or “Click Here.”
I hope you learned something here. Enjoy your banners! Please share this post to others in Facebook or Twitter.